Senior Program Manager, Banking & FSI Portuguese speaking AFRICA
Angola / Portuguese Speaking Africa
FOR ANGOLA PROJECTS; RELOCATION FROM PORTUGAL /ELSEWHERE OK. PORTUGUESE SPEAKING A MUST. Location can be Johannesburg or Kenya or Angola
Senior Program /Project Director – Core Banking, Risk, Capital Markets- Key, Strategic Initiatives; Large Critical Programs
PROGRAM / PROJECT MANAGEMENT – Senior Program Director experienced in implementing Core Banking, Risk and Capital Markets and Payment Solutions including business transformation.
Managing one large or a mix of tactical but mainly strategic Financial Systems and specifically Core Banking, Capital Markets and Risk Solutions programs that are of medium to high complexity, cost and impact, affect multiple business units, and can include 100+ project team members and implementation partners. A true Program Manager in Banking Solutions, you are used to running multiple projects in parallel and delivering extremely high quality on time within budget to Financial Institutions and demanding banking client across multi geographies..
You have been there, done that and carry the scars but your enthusiasm, dynamism, energy and drive are second to none.
- Hands-on carry out and manage typical structured PMBOK based project and program management responsibilities
- Build strong, collaborative relationships and takes ownership of key initiatives across business levels and functions.
- Represent our client at C levels and Steering Cos
- Issues and Risk resolution ownership from floor to board levels
- At ease with managing Program P&L and commercials
- Contract, service level agreement drafting and negotiations
- Project Team Leadership
- Liaising closely with the team to make sure project is coming in at the right price
- Motivates a large team to deliver service standards
- Develops staff to maximize potential
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
MANDATORY – PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE READ THE BELOW & QUALIFY:
GEOGRAPHY: Must have owned and managed large and complex multi country Banking Software solutions programs PREFERABLY in Africa
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in a related discipline.
Experience: 20+ years experience in project / program management including at least 10 years experience managing complex software implementation projects. Project management certification preferred.
LANGUAGE: FLUENT PORTUGUESE AND ENGLISH MANDATORY
Past Employment: Bank side employment (permanent or contract), service provider side strongly preferred
- A respected name in the international banking community
- Obtaining profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
- Able to maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing project organization standards.
- Demonstrated long track record of project/programme management
- Knowledge to co-ordinate financial and budget activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Responsible for the achievement of project productivity and quality goals
- Able to evaluate current business processes and systems
- Skill in planning and implementing procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
- Persuasiveness and Enthusiasm
- Extensive knowledge in Banking with experience in utilizing various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., conversions, client/server, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation) and the correct project application
- Investment / Core Banking Platform Projects Management experience mandatory
- Considerable knowledge and experience with budgeting and forecasting processes, Cost Control as well as Revenue Drive experience and skills
- Consultative skills (Big4 background preferred)
- Able to gain respect at executive level
- Stakeholder Relationship Management Skills
- Excellent Mentoring and team development skills
- Quality focused with people skills
- Extensive knowledge and skill in project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines, and recommends improvements to realize efficiencies
- Extensive knowledge of communications/escalation management
- Considerable knowledge and experience with procurement management processes (e.g. acquiring goods and services, selecting and managing internal and/or external resources)
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, and issues).
- Skill in using a breadth of project experience and project management expertise to effectively transfer knowledge to any project situation (i.e., ranging from internal to conversions to software development projects)
- Skill in leveraging knowledge and experience using the industry project management best practices (i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge – PMBOK) to play a leadership role by providing feedback for continuous process improvement
YOUR NEW COMPANY
Our client is a Global Fintech solutions leader in 96% of Top 50 banks with close to 10,000 customers (FSI) in the world covering retail banking, transaction banking, lending, treasury and capital markets solutions with billions in revenues. Our client constantly invests in the improvement of its products and in the development of its people. They seek excellence in order to help them and their clients succeed.
Applications without detailed CVs attached cannot be considered .
CONFIDENTIAL LISTING. Our Client’s name will be revealed upon signing an NDA.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Your Confidentiality is assured.