Regional Sales Manager for Africa Francophone and English speaking Africa
Base location preferably in Paris, France but also open to candidates based in Belgium, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Tunisia, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, and Kenya with extensive experience of selling core banking software across French and English Speaking Africa.
REVENUE GENERATION – LEADING EUROPEAN HQ BANKING SOLUTIONS PROVIDER – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & BANKING SOFTWARE SALES
MANDATORY: DEMONSTRATED BANKING SOFTWARE SELLING EXPERIENCE IN THE FRANCOPHONE AND ENGLISH SPEAKING (Sub-saharan and other English speaking) AFRICA AND FLUENCY IN THE FRENCH LANGUANGE
Our Client is a Swiss HQ global company, specialising in the design, development, implementation and support of an integrated, real-time banking software solutions.
They are well established in many of the major financial centres of Europe, and have offices in Geneva, London, Lugano, Luxembourg, Paris, Singapore and Zurich.
They are the market leader in the provision of banking and asset/wealth management software in many countries, with a clear lead in Luxembourg, Monaco and Switzerland.
Their solution is running hundreds of banks and financial institutions spread over more than 50 countries around the World.
This is a Regional Sales Manager / sales and business development role with revenue responsibility for someone who will have excellent matrixed management skills at ease with working hand in hand with colleagues both international and local.
Responsibilities for Sales Manager
- Responsible for new account sales for the assigned territory
- Responsible for managing attributed prospects from outside assigned territory
- Management of resources assigned to on-going sales processes, in collaboration with the head of Business Solutions Manager team and Director-Sales
- Participation in regular Team Meetings
- Collects information on market segment, prospects and competitors
- Prepares market analysis and market strategy
- Active prospecting within the assigned territory
- Visits to prospects
- Organisation and managing of demonstrations and pre-sales workshops
- Responses to RFI/RFP
- Coordinates internal resources for optimised support
- Preparation, presentation and explanation of offers and contracts
- General sales management and administration
- Management of sales and marketing contacts with third parties for assigned territory (software companies and consultants)
- Identifying, analysing and recruiting commercial partner and distributors where relevant and appropriate, within the assigned territory, and actively managing the relationship and activities of the same once approved and registered as a partner/distributor
- Regular sales reporting, and updating of sales and prospects files and databases, especially CRM, at a minimum on a weekly basis
- Assisting and participating as necessary with colleagues involved in the sales process in other territories
- Assistance and participation in activities organised by Group Marketing (exhibitions, mailings etc.)
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- At least 7-8 years’ experience in a similar role in a banking software supplier or consultancy firm
- Experienced in planning, developing and executing sales campaigns or programs in Banking Solutions in Francophone and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Demonstrated Sales closer
- Evidence of successfully meeting aggressive goals and budgets in a similar environment
- Excellent knowledge of the banking, wealth management and/or asset/fund management sectors
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills, combined with well-developed social skills suitable for the assigned territory
- Proven ability to understand both the application’s functional coverage and the technology
- Excellent written and spoken French (for Francophone Africa), English, and Arabic. Other languages would be a considerable asset in career progression
- Ability to travel as required – 30%
- Demonstrated network and Banking software selling experience in at least one of the countries of French speaking Africa (Francophone Africa) and Sub-Saharan Africa.
CONFIDENTIAL ROLE AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT DETAILED CVs ATTACHED AND THOSE WHICH DO NOT POSSESS THE MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IS ASSURED. IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM US IN 15 DAYS, OUR TEAM WILL CONSIDER YOU FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES